I do this work because I love helping people optimize their functioning!
To do that, I am a multi- and inter- disciplinary health professional!
I am a –
- Licensed psychologist and professional counselor in Washington, DC and Maryland,
- Retired physical therapist,
- Former teacher of continuing education to psychologists, physicians and physical therapists,
- Former university faculty member teaching Psychology of Health,
- Mediator for marital and parenting matters,
- Certified life/human performance coach.
- Ph.D. Psychology
- M.F.A. Dramatic Arts
- M.S. Public Health / Physical Therapy
- B.S. Physical Therapy
- Positive psychology
Specialized areas of practice are:
- Adult ADHD diagnosis and treatment,
- Anxiety/Depression diagnosis/treatment
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT),
- Positive Psychology,
- Interpersonal Communication,
- Marriage counseling,
- Discernment Counseling (for couples questioning whether to divorce), and
- Senior/geriatric counseling.
- Acting Coach
- Creator of Acting Method: “Personality-based Acting: Integrating Personality Science with Actors’ Imagination”
- Author of The Back Comfort Book: What To Do While Your Back Is Healing, $5.95 + s/h
- Producer/Writer of the back care DVD: “How To Do It…Without Hurting Your Back”, $9.95 + s/h
- Producer/Writer of cable TV program: “Mental Health Minutes: Psychotherapy Dramatized”
- Winner of multiple acting and ballroom dancing competitions.
I strive to make my work positive, educational, and research-based. To be able to work the way I do, I read research and take continuing education in various domains, including: brain functioning as in neuroscience, psycho-neuro-immunology, behavioral medicine, health psychology, and specifics on various mental health diagnoses and treatment; content related to interpersonal relationships and interpersonal communication skills applied to couples, marriage, discernment counseling, & divorce mediation; and negotiation skills.
The goal of my work with clients is to promote:
I am direct and educational as I encourage and support learning and personal growth.