I am a -
- licensed psychologist and professional counselor in Washington, DC and Maryland,
- trained mediator for marital and parenting matters, and
- certified life/human performance coach.
I strive to make my work positive, educational, and research-based to promote: Courage, Self-Awareness, Authenticity, Personal Responsibility, Kindness, Skilled Negotiation (Communication), and Action. Simply, the goal is RESILIENCE.
To make my sevices more financially accessible, I am on the approved provider panel of several insurance companies:
Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO, Federal & Blue Choice)
United Behavioral Health (when there is also a medical condition)
- Ph.D. Psychology
- M.F.A. Dramatic Arts
- M.S. Public Health / Physical Therapy
- B.S. Physical Therapy
- Positive psychology
I have taught many continuing education courses to mental health professionals, physical therapists and physicians. I was also on the faculty of Howard University teaching Health Psychology to physical therapists.
- Acting Coach
- Creator of Acting Method: "Personality-based Acting: Integrating Personality Science with Actors' Imagination"
- Retired Physical Therapist, specializing in back pain
- Author of The Back Comfort Book:What To Do While Your Back Is Healing, $5.95 + s/h
- Producer/Writer of the back care DVD: "How To Do It...Without Hurting Your Back", $9.95 + s/h
- Producer/Writer of cable TV program: "Mental Health Minutes: Psychotherapy Dramatized"